SUMMER TOURISM COUNCILLOR
LOCATION: South Huron Welcome Centre, 483 Main St. S, Exeter
START DATE: July 8, 2019
CONTRACT: 30 hrs/week, 8-9 weeks
Eligibility: Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years old, as per the Canada Summer Job Program requirements.
The South Huron Welcome Centre is a unique partnership of the South Huron Chamber of Commerce (SHCC), the Exeter Business Improvement Association (BIA), and the Exeter and District Heritage Foundation. It provides tourism and community information to visitors and residents.
Working the enhance visitor services and experiences in South Huron, the BIA and SHCC seek an energetic and hard-working individual to help develop the local tourism industry.
The Tourism Councillor will:
• Welcome guests to South Huron and provide them with information about local amenities and attractions
• Respond to requests for information
• Assist in various administrative tasks, including database updates and research
• Assist in general housekeeping and maintenance tasks
• Assis in preparing and hosting special events, and assist in creating new content for BIA and SHCC social media pages
• Assist with other tasks that complement the BIA and Chamber mandates.
This position will work out of the South Huron Welcome Centre in Exeter.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 14, 2019, at 12:00 pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Georgia Athanasiou, BIA Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop applications to the South Huron Welcome Centre during regular business hours.